“Cannabis Use in Pregnancy: A Focused Update”
Dr. Carolyn Marchand
Addiction Medicine Fellow, BC Centre on Substance Use
Tuesday, August 25
12pm – 1pm
- Review the epidemiology of cannabis use disorder in pregnancy and how legalization has affected this.
- Understand the different types of cannabis and the diagnosis of cannabis use disorder.
- Review the current literature on the effects of cannabis use in pregnancy and long-term childhood outcomes.
- Develop a treatment approach to cannabis use disorder in pregnancy.
- Understand the legal ramifications of cannabis use in the antenatal and postpartum period.
What’s New in Addiction Medicine? is a lunch-time series featuring local and international experts, clinicians, and researchers who will deliver the latest research and information on novel, evidence-based addiction medicine topics.
This free series is geared towards the needs and interests of individuals operating in a healthcare or research setting, however, the public and other interested stakeholders are welcome and encouraged to attend.
If you have any questions about event logistics, please contact Raman Jawanda at [email protected].