Medical students and resident physicians can apply for a clinical or research elective in addiction medicine as part of their clinical education and training. The clinical elective pairs a trainee with an addiction medicine specialist to gain hands-on experience in conducting focused addiction assessments and developing appropriate management plans for patients with a substance use disorder. Electives are available through various training streams, including internal medicine, family practice, psychiatry, emergency, and anaesthesia. Preference is given to trainees based at the University of British Columbia (UBC). Please note that international students are not accepted at this time.
- UBC Medical Students, please apply via One45.
- Non-UBC Medical Students, please apply by referring to the Visiting Student Elective page from the UBC Faculty of Medicine MD Undergraduate Program website, here.
- UBC Internal Medicine Residents, please apply via One45.
- UBC Family Practice Residents (or other residency programs), please apply by contacting the Addiction Medicine Consult Team Coordinator (contact information listed below).
- Non-UBC Residents, please apply by referring to the UBC Faculty of Medicine Postgraduate Medical Education website here, and contacting the Addiction Medicine Consult Team Coordinator (contact information listed below).
For more information, please contact the Addiction Medicine Consult Team.
Kathryn Libbiter, Administrative Assistant AMCT & RAAC
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (604) 682-2344 ext. 66896