Identifying the impact of cannabis use on mental health outcomes among sexual and gender minority youth: A mixed methods study
This study explores how young Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) youths’ experiences with cannabis and mental health challenges influence their lives. We are also interested in understanding how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted youth experiences. By participating in this photovoice project and interview, you will have the opportunity to tell your story and help us improve the provision of substance use and mental health policy, programming, and prevention strategies for Sexual and Gender Minority youth in BC.
We are currently recruiting SGM youth from BC. To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
- Be between the ages of 15-24;
- Have used cannabis in the last month;
- Live with a mental health challenge;
- Identify as a sexual or gender minority;
- Be willing to take photos of your experiences to share;
- Live in BC; and
- Speak English.
Involvement will include:
- A half-hour session for intake (participants will receive $30)
- A two-week period during which you take photos of your cannabis use experiences
- A 1-1.5 hour interview where we talk about your photos and as kquestions about your experiences (participants will receive $120 afterthis interview)
Interested in finding out more?
If you are interested in participating or if you would like to find out more about this study, please contact the Research Coordinator, Anna Carson:
Call or text: 236-330-2420
Email: [email protected]