Stronger Together – Fort St. John
Fort St. John (May 8-11, 2019)
Stronger Together is a series of dialogue and learning sessions for families and allies impacted by substance use. We will explore systemic barriers to family support, share promising practices, and brainstorm solutions. We will learn from each other’s experiences, successes, and challenges. Community knowledge will be documented and used to inform substance use service planning, as well as research directions, in your community and province. For more information on what the sessions entail, visit www.bccsu.ca/Stronger-Together.
If you live in Fort St. John (traditional territory of the Doig River, Blueberry River and Halfway River First Nations), and are a family member or ally affected by substance use, you are invited to attend these sessions.
Four dialogue sessions to identify local challenges and mobilize community knowledge to inform overdose response and health service planning and design:
1. Dialogue Session: Indigenous families impacted by substance use
• Wednesday, May 8, 1:00-3:30pm, Treaty 8 Tribal Association (10233 100 Ave, Fort St. John)
2. Dialogue Session: Families whose loved ones are actively using
• Wednesday, May 8, 6:00-8:30pm, North Peace Cultural Centre (10015 100 Ave, Fort St. John)
3. Dialogue Session: Service providers interfacing with families affected by substance use
• Thursday, May 9, 12:00-2:30pm, North Peace Cultural Centre (10015 100 Ave, Fort St. John)
4. Dialogue Session: Families who have lost a loved one to substance use
• Thursday, May 9, 6:00-8:30pm, Treaty 8 Tribal Association (10233 100 Ave, Fort St. John)
Two learning sessions to help build capacity of community members to support families and others impacted by substance use:
1. Learning Session: Supporting Grief and Loss As a Result of Substance Use
• Friday, May 10, 9:00am-4:00pm, North Peace Cultural Centre (10015 100 Ave, Fort St. John)
2. Learning Session: Coping Families Support Group Facilitation• Saturday, May 11, 9:00am-4:00pm, North Peace Cultural Centre (10015 100 Ave, Fort St. John)
Summary reports will be available on the Stronger Together page after the sessions.