Stronger Together – Powell River
Powell River (April 3-5, 2019)
Stronger Together is a series of dialogue and learning sessions for families and allies impacted by substance use. We will explore systemic barriers to family support, share promising practices, and brainstorm solutions. We will learn from each other’s experiences, successes, and challenges. Community knowledge will be documented and used to inform substance use service planning, as well as research directions, in your community and province. For more information on what the sessions entail, visit www.bccsu.ca/Stronger-Together.
If you live in Powell River (traditional territory of the Tla’amin Nation), and are a family member or ally affected by substance use, you are invited to attend these sessions.
• Call or text Kathryn Colby, Coordinator of the PR Community Action Team, at: 604-223-4430
• Online: bit.ly/StrongerTogetherPowellRiver
Four dialogue sessions to identify local challenges and mobilize community knowledge to inform overdose response and health service planning and design:
1. Dialogue Session: Service Providers Interfacing with Patients and Families
• Wednesday, April 3: 12:00-2:30pm, Powell River Library
2. Dialogue Session: Families with Loved Ones in Addiction
• Wednesday, April 3: 6:00-8:30pm, Powell River Library
4. Dialogue Session: Indigenous Families Impacted by Substance Use
• Thursday, April 4: 6:00-8:30pm, Tla’amin Health
3. Dialogue Session: Families Who Have Lost Loved Ones to Substance Use
• Friday, April 5: 6:00-8:30pm, Powell River Library
Two learning sessions to help build capacity of community members to support families and others impacted by substance use:
1. Learning Session: Coping Families Support Group Facilitation
• Thursday, April 4: 10:30am-4:30pm, Powell River Library
2. Learning Session: Supporting Grief and Loss As a Result of Substance Use
• Friday, April 5: 10:30am-4:30pm, Powell River Library
Summary reports will be available on the Stronger Together page after the sessions.