Stronger Together – Surrey
March 5-9, 2019
** We’ve rescheduled these sessions as a result of anticipated poor weather. Please see new dates and times below. **
Stronger Together is a series of dialogue and learning sessions for families and allies impacted by substance use. We will explore systemic barriers to family support, share promising practices, and brainstorm solutions. We will learn from each other’s experiences, successes, and challenges. Community knowledge will be documented and used to inform substance use service planning, as well as research directions, in your community and province. For more information on what the sessions entail, visit www.bccsu.ca/Stronger-Together.
If you live within the Fraser region of British Columbia, and are a family member or ally affected by substance use, you are invited to attend these sessions.
1. Dialogue Session: Families with loved ones in active addiction
• Tuesday, March 5: 6:00-8:30pm, City Centre Library (10350 University Dr)
2. Dialogue Session: Families who have lost loved ones to substance use
• Wednesday, March 6: 6:00-8:30pm, City Centre Library (10350 University Dr)
3. Dialogue Session: Service providers supporting families
• Thursday, March 7: 12:45-3:15pm, City Centre Library (10350 University Dr)
5. Learning Session: Grief & Loss Support Group Facilitation
• Friday, March 8: 9:00am-5:00pm, Surrey City Hall (13450 104 Ave)
6. Learning Session: Coping Families Support Group Facilitation
• Saturday, March 9: 9:00am-5:00pm, Surrey City Hall (13450 104 Ave)
Summary reports will be available on the Stronger Together page after the sessions.